The investment in a new air conditioner can be something you hope to put off for a while. However, even the most well-maintained systems require replacement over time. A new system may help improve energy efficiency and comfort in your home and provide reliability, especially if your current AC isn’t meeting your needs. It’s always wise to keep an eye on your system on an ongoing basis to ensure it is running its best. When there are problems, consider replacement when the cost of repairs is simply no longer worthwhile. For those who need an air conditioning upgrade in Oregon City, OR, we can help you with that.
Reasons to Invest in a New AC Unit
Why is now the time to upgrade your home’s air conditioning system? There are a few reasons:
- Repairing it is too expensive or impossible. If you need to make repairs often, replacing the system may be most cost-effective instead of putting money and time into ongoing repairs.
- It’s no longer keeping your home cool. Over time, an older model becomes less efficient, forcing it to run for longer hours to ensure it meets your needs. Over time, it may no longer have the ability to meet your demands.
- You want to improve efficiency. A newer model is sure to be more efficient, which means you’ll use less energy to keep your home cool. That’s good for your budget and the environment.
Types of AC Units
Now that you have an idea of the benefit of upgrading now, the next thing to consider is what type of AC unit is best for your home. Often, consumers replace their existing unit with the same type. However, you may want to consider a switch. Some of the options out there include:
- Central AC: One of the most common options, especially for larger homes, a central air conditioner cools all rooms through ductwork. It works very well to control humidity throughout the home and allows for consistency in air temperature throughout the home.
- Ductless Units: A ductless mini split air conditioner is one that provides cooled air to the home, often room-by-room, when there is no ductwork present. To do this, it has a single outdoor unit and indoor units that help to move refrigerant to cool air. Single-zone and multi-zone options are available.
- Heat Pumps: A heat pump is installed outside of the home. It can pump hot air from inside the home outside of it, cooling as it does.
Always Hire a Licensed Professional to Handle Your Air Conditioner Replacement
When the time comes to install a new air conditioner, ensure you work with a trusted, experienced, licensed technician. That ensures the work is done properly and that you can count on the air conditioner to last for years to come. It also ensures the manufacturer will uphold the warranty on your new system.
Find out if you need a new unit by giving us a call. Contact Chase Heating and Cooling today to schedule an appointment with our team. Keeping Homes Comfortable In All Seasons.