We’re headed to the time of year where high temperatures lead to natural disaster. We’ve had some chart-topping temperatures in our area for the last few weeks. We know that you’ve done your best staying cool in this unprecedented Oregon heat. You might want to kick your feet up and relax now that we’ve gotten past the worst of it. We don’t want you to get caught up in another issue because you didn’t prepare for what’s ahead, though.
It’s highly likely that we’re going to deal with wildfires in the near future. You want to keep your home protected and your family safe during these times. We’re here to help with this. We specialize in indoor air quality services and air conditioning repair in Canby, OR.
How To Prepare
Here are a few things you can do to prepare your home for the potential wildfires ahead.
Prepare an Emergency Kit
It’s always a great idea to be prepared. We want you to prepare yourself an emergency kit. You should have all the essentials including…
- Nonperishable food items
- A first-aid kit
- Important documents for you and your other family members
- Candles, matches, or a lighter
It’s better to overprepare and play it safe than to be sorry later on down the line.
Make an Emergency Plan
It’s also an excellent idea to have an emergency plan in place. A wildfire getting close enough to you is enough to make anyone frazzled. That’s why having a plan in place helps things run as they should. Make sure you note all the safe exits from your home and neighborhood, pick a universal meeting place to meet with family members in case any get lost, and know where all your emergency products are (your emergency kit, first aid kit, and fire extinguisher).
Consider Your IAQ
It’s important to consider your home’s indoor air quality services. Is everything up to par? If not, you might consider the following systems and services:
- Dehumidifiers and Humidifiers: Of course, when wildfires come around you’re going to want to concern yourself with keeping your home’s air clean. This is important, but it’s also important to consider your comfort. This starts with keeping your humidity balanced. We’re prepared to assess your indoor air and help you determine if you need a dehumidifier or humidifier.
- HRV and ERV Systems: HRV and ERV systems are perfect for this time of year. They’re great because they can filter and pre-cool the outdoor air heading into your home. We’ll help you figure out which model is right for you.
- Air Filtration and Air Purifiers: Air filters and air purifiers are the perfect units to keep debris and soot at bay. The model that you need is completely dependent upon the unique needs of your home. We’ll help you define these needs.
- Custom Ductwork: Your ductwork is the backbone of your entire HVAC system. Make sure that your ductwork is right for your space. If you’ve had ongoing issues, it’s a great idea to invest in new ductwork that’s perfectly fit to the needs of your space.
Contact Chase Heating and Cooling today to schedule an appointment with us. Keeping Homes Comfortable In All Seasons.