Popping, Scraping, and Banging: What Does That Furnace Noise Mean?
If you hear these sounds then it's time to contact one of our professionals.
Have you noticed that your furnace has started to make the weirdest noises?
We know that the last thing you want to do during the middle of the heating season is schedule an appointment with our professionals. We know that it might not be what you want to do, but it’s what needs to be done. We’re going to help you do it. We’re not going to leave you high and dry.
If you need heating repair in Portland, OR, then we’re the team that you should turn to. We’re going to make the process easy. So here are a few sounds you should watch out for. If you hear this noise then it’s time for you to schedule an appointment…
Sounds to Watch Out For
These are some sounds that you should watch out for when it comes to taking care of your furnace:
The Titular Problems
These are the problems that we mentioned in the title, so we’re going to start with these:
- Popping: So popping can actually be a sound that’s normal. If you hear popping that’s not too loud or if it’s few and far between, it’s not something to be concerned about. Your ducts are made of metal that will expand and contract depending on the temperature affecting it at the current moment. If the popping is loud, then you might have clogged filters or dirty airways. You need to pay attention to this noise and fix the issue fast.
- Scraping: Scraping is a problem sound too. If you notice this often, then it could be the sound of wheel damage. The wheel of your blower is misaligned and damaged. It’s making noise when it operates because of this. Don’t ignore scraping because it will develop into something worse with time.
- Banging: Loud banging is typically the sound of a part gone rouge. What you’re hearing is the part trying to operate as it normally does and then running into issues because it’s out of line. Banging isn’t the sound you want to hear. We’re going to help you get the service you need.
Other Sounds You Might Notice
Here are some other problem sounds that you might notice:
- Whining: Is your heater… whining? The sound that you’re hearing is close to whining then it means that you probably need to lubricate your system. This is something that’s done regularly when you maintain your system on a regular basis. We’re going to help you conquer this problem.
- Screeching: Do you hear the sound of screeching? Screeching is a noise that you might hear when you’ve got a bad fan felt in your home’s furnace system. Screeching noises will develop into a bigger issue, so make sure you address it now.
- Slapping: Slapping or “thwapping” might be a sound you hear when something is stuck in your fan blades. This is a terrible sign that quickly leads to a domino effect of other furnace problems.
Contact Chase Heating and Cooling to schedule an appointment for furnace services. Keeping Homes Comfortable In All Seasons.