Why Amateur Generator Services Are Dangerous
Take care of your home with professional generator service. We're here to assist!
We’ve had some blackouts in the area lately. The winter storms have been getting the best of us. We know that you’re feeling the effects of this. It’s not fun to go without power, heat, Internet, or electric power at any time of the year, but especially not during the winter. We’re here to help you through trying times like this. The first step in making sure that you invest in professional services for your home.
We’re here when you’re looking for quality HVAC service in Oregon City, OR. Although it can be a scramble to get your home back up and running again when things go down, quality care goes a long way. It keeps you safe and makes sure that your home is always in top-notch condition. Contact us to learn more.
Thinking About Installing Your Own Generator?
Are you thinking about installing your own generator? Your power went out and you don’t want to be unprepared if our winter storms continue to be this intense. We’re here today to tell you why this just isn’t a good idea. Before we get into everything below, we want to assure you that we’re not questioning your ability. We’re sure that you could install your own generator. The question is should you? The answer is no. Here’s why…
According to the CPSC (the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission) electric generators are responsible for the overwhelming majority of non fire-related carbon monoxide deaths. You don’t want to subject yourself to potential carbon monoxide inhalation.
Amateur Work Puts You At Risk
The plain fact of the matter is that if you’re working with a standby generator, you’re working with both your natural gas system and your home’s electrical system. These are both two important systems that need professional care. If you’re slacking with your safety measures by putting the quality of these systems into untrained hands, you need to consider the professional route.
The best thing about professional work is that it allows you to be worry-free. You won’t have to walk around your home thinking “what if?” Professionals care makes things easier.
Better Safe Than Sorry
Okay, so now you understand the importance of professional work. Now, we’d like to talk about taking the right precautions. Work from a professional is great. You should also take the time to install carbon monoxide detectors around your home too. You should have a carbon monoxide detector near each bedroom in your home. It keeps you safe.
We prefer for you to hard-wire these systems. Batteries only allow room for error. Be honest with us—when your smoke or carbon monoxide detectors start to beep due to low batteries, do you replace the batteries quickly? We’re not judging you if the answer is “no.” We understand this. Life is busy. We just suggest that you have your own back by hard-wiring the system. Talk to our professionals to learn more.
Contact Chase Heating and Cooling today to schedule an appointment with our professionals. Keeping Homes Comfortable In All Seasons.